Refreshing strawberry basil lemonade that is so simple to make and tastes amazing! You’ll be coming back for seconds! Or thirds.
This summer I have been craving homemade lemonade all of the time. The bottled kind just doesn’t do it for me and I want that homemade taste. Or just the tastes of real lemon juice.
As I am writing this, I am sipping on this strawberry basil lemonade with these fantastic straws. We love those straws a lot because they taste for so long!
Now this is your regular lemonade or even strawberry lemonade. It’s strawberry basil lemonade and let me tell you, the basil is amazing.
I love the taste of basil, especially when it is raw. This beverage is out-of-this-world crazy delicious and it will rock your socks. Not sure what rock your socks means, but I think it means… it will blow your mind away. It’s good!
So far, I have shared with you blueberry lemonade, strawberry lemonade, and now this. I think there will be more to come before this summer ends.
There is nothing more relaxing than sipping a glass of lemonade with a straw outside reading a book. I would love if I were able to do that everyday! Boy.. sounds amazing. Doesn’t it?
You can also make this into a delicious adult cocktail by adding vodka or something similar. It pairs perfectly, I will say!
- ¼ cup fresh basil
- ½ cup granulated sugar, or any kind of sweetener you prefer
- 1 cup lemon juice (about 8 lemons)
- 5 cups cold, filtered water
- Combine the hulled and sliced strawberries and the fresh basil in a food processor and pulse a few times until they are smoothed. Set aside.
- Add 1 cup of water to a small saucepan with the granulated sugar and turn on low-to-medium heat until the sugar has completely dissolved.
- In a large pitcher, add in the lemon juice, strawberry and basil mixture, and the sugar water with 4 cups of cold, filtered water. Mix together.
- Allow the lemonade to cool in the refrigerator. Serve with ice.