For years, I’ve heard about the magical cake in a mug but never tried it.
Until recently I wanted to have an english muffin but didn’t have one in the fridge and was short on time, so I gave this mug-baking thing a try. I put my gluten free flour to work and I came up with this recipe. I would say it’s fairly tasty but it has a strong coconut flavor.
So if you don’t really like the flavor of coconut you shouldn’t use coconut flour because it has a strong taste of it. I like coconut flavor but next time I may just do an open face egg english muffin sandwich because two pieces were too much for me.
Would I make it again?
Yes, but as I mentioned above I will probably just use one half. Also, it doesn’t compare the real stuff. It does the trick but it’s not like biting into a traditional english muffin.
Gluten Free English Muffin in a Mug
- 2 tablespoons of coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of milk
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- dash of salt
1. Place all of the above in a bowl and mix.
2. Lightly grease a mug and then pour in your mix. Microwave for 2-4 minutes depending on the power of your microwave. Mine only takes 2 minutes.
3. You can dust with cornmeal and then toast.
I enjoyed mine with an egg, avocado and a slice of cheese!