These delicious Banana Blueberry Muffins are nice fusion between banana bread and blueberry muffins.
They’re my answer to a few overripe bananas on the kitchen table and an abundance of blueberries in the fridge. They make an awesome snack or quick breakfast in a pinch.
This a basic banana bread batter that was given a summer makeover with the addition of fresh blueberries instead of the usual walnuts. And those blueberries also pack an extra boost of antioxidants so you won’t feel guilty when you indulge in these. Plus when you make a muffin at home it’s much more appropriately sized than those huge ones you get at the coffee shop. But if you want to overindulge a little, you could always have two.
Banana Blueberry Muffins
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup blueberries
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (or 175 °C) and line a muffin pan with 12 paper liners.
2. Stir together the cinnamon and sugar that will be used to sprinkle on top.
3. In a large bowl stir together the mashed bananas, melted butter, milk, eggs and vanilla until thoroughly combined then set it aside.
4. In another bowl stir together the Bisquick, brown sugar and cinnamon. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and using a rubber spatula stir the wet and dry ingredients together until well combined. The batter should be pretty thick.
5. Stir in the fresh blueberries until they are evenly dispersed throughout the batter then evenly divide the batter among the twelve paper liners.
6. Sprinkle each muffin with the cinnamon sugar mixture and bake them for 24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
7. Allow the muffins to cool in the pan for 5 minutes before removing them to cool completely on a baking rack.
Notes: If you’re not following a gluten free diet you can either use regular Bisquick or substitute 1 ½ cups flour, 1 ½ tsp baking powder, ½ tsp baking soda and ½ tsp salt.