Ok now this one really is gonna need a bit of patience and tweeking to your own taste (says me) because I have totally experimented and to be honest dont have it to ‘perfection’ BUT I think its worth a share as its so dang GOOD!
I’m serious Hagen Daz could go out of business if everyone started making their own ice-cream like this! I cant wait to experiment some more and try my own Pralines and Cream and Strawberry Cheesecake version ooooooooh my mouth is watering already!
Anyway I’ll give you version of a recipe a friend told me about, found on and as always I’ll add what I did to make mine! Here goes..
Homemade Ice-cream basic recipe
- 4 cups of cream
- 1-2 tbsp vanilla extract
- Simply combine and mix ingredients well and freeze! Mine was ‘done’ after about 2-3 hours…some recipes say 6! I
- imagine it depends on your freezer..and maybe consistency too.
- Homemade ‘Belgian’ chocolate ice-cream REEcipe.
- 4 cups cream (I only used about 2..after 2 hours it was good soft..overnight it went hard..(but softened easily)
- I used about 1 1/2 cups of my stevia sweetened condensed milk..maybe next time i’ll try more
- 1-2 tbsp vanilla ( I forgot..again.. opps!)
I whipped the cream till soft peaks formed (advised by Gwen Quinteros)
Added melted chocolate and condensed milk (dont forget the vanilla like me!)
Combined well and then froze
This ice-cream is INCREDIBLY rich..I’m gonna try it again with 4 cups of cream as the recipe states and add my redeemed condensed milk. But either way it really was an amazing, lower sugar treat!
N.B if you have access to it, why not try using real vanilla pod! Can only imagine how that tastes!
You can also add chopped fruit. I saw one review that said they added mango puree! cant wait to try that!!